GappGo Pty Ltd ACN 609 441 607 (“GappGo” or “We”) manages the information that We collect from you in accordance with all applicable privacy legislation in Australia.
Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
GappGo provides a community-based online service. A failure by you to provide information requested by us may mean that We are unable to provide some or all of our services to you.
GappGo collects personal information when you register with and use GappGo. This may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, contact details, birth date, gender, credit card and account details, occupation, interests, and application details for verification services. We might also give you the option of providing a photo or video to be associated with your GappGo user ID. If your personal details change, it is your responsibility to update your GappGo account with those changes, so that We can keep our records complete, accurate and up to date.
You are not anonymous to us when you log into the App or post any content (including Gapps, items to be supplied, bids, comments or feedback) on the App or any associated forum. To enable us to improve our existing services and to create new service features, GappGo may collect, and share with other users and service providers on GappGo, information about the way you use our services, including (but not limited to) the transactions you enter into on the App, your feedback rating (including any references requested using our ‘Reference’ feature), the bids you make, the comments you post, and the transactions you enter into with our valued affiliate service providers.
- use the App to create a Gapp or item to be supplied, or make a bid, or comment on a bid, or provide feedback on other users; or
- otherwise communicate in a public forum on the App,
your user ID and all the material that you post is visible to other GappGo users and is also publicly available to other internet users. We strongly encourage you to use caution and discretion when posting. GappGo does not in any way control, and does not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for, the disclosure or use of personal information which is voluntarily posted by you in any publicly accessible area of the App.
GappGo may also receive and record information from your devices, including IP addresses, cookies (see section 2 below), software and hardware attributes and your page requests.
In addition to data collected from your submissions, we may also collect data on your internet behavior from Facebook, other social media Apps, and other services. If you use a location- enabled GappGo service, We may collect and process information about your actual location (for example, GPS signals sent by your mobile device). We may also use a range of different technologies to confirm your location.
GappGo may use the information collected by it to provide the GappGo Services, including (but not limited to):
- identification and authentication;
- to protect GappGo and the users of the App;
- to customise the content and any advertising displayed on the App;
- to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services;
- providing your information to a user with whom you have or had a contract facilitated by GappGo;
- as required by law, order of a court, tribunal or regulator or if GappGo reasonably believes that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activities;
- to develop new service features;
- to ensure that GappGo receives payment of the fees due to it;
- to contact you (for example, to inform you about upcoming changes or improvements to our services);
- to conduct research;
- to permit content on the App (such as postings or third party advertisements) to be targeted, on an aggregate basis, to the users for whom it is most likely to be relevant;
- to expand our user base;
- to develop our relationships with affiliate service providers;
- to provide or arrange internal or external verification services obtained by you via the App; and
- to generate data reports on an aggregated, non-personally identifiable basis, for both internal and third party use, but subject to any applicable laws (for example, We may show advertisers or investors trends relating to the general use of GappGo’s services).
Your contact information may also be used for accounting, invoicing and billing purposes, marketing purposes, by third party service providers to GappGo, and to respond to any enquiry you make, in some cases information we collect is transferred overseas. When you contact GappGo, We may keep a record of the communication(s) between you and GappGo to help resolve any issues you might have. If other user(s) of the App already have your userID (or other information identifying you), and you have chosen to upload a photo or other personal information to your GappGo account, We may show those user(s) that personal information.
In certain circumstances We will use your email address to administer our User Agreement (for example, We may notify you of a breach, or action a request for a Take Down Notice in response to a claim of copyright infringement).
If We collect, use or disclose any information from you that is not personal information, but is sensitive information (such as information relating to police checks conducted on users of the App), then We will seek consent directly from you each time we collect, use or disclose your sensitive information, including for direct marketing purposes. We will not use or disclose your sensitive information for any other purpose unless the purpose is directly related to the primary purpose for which your sensitive information was collected.
Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers
If you have registered on the App then your computer or device may store an identifying cookie or anonymous identifier, which can save you time each time you re-visit the App, by accessing your information when you sign-in to GappGo.
You agree that if you change the settings on your internet browser to block or restrict cookies (including cookies associated with GappGo’s services), or to indicate when a cookie is being set by GappGo, the GappGo Services may not work as intended. You should remember that, while you may still be able to use the App if your cookies are disabled, our services may not function properly on your device and you may not be able to take advantage of certain GappGo features.
Protecting and Maintaining Personal Information
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. We will take all reasonable steps to protect the information We hold about you from unauthorized access, use and disclosure, however We cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information, or that our systems will be completely free from third party interception or are incorruptible from viruses. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you send from your computer to us over the Internet will be protected by any form of encryption (encoding software). In light of this, We cannot and do not ensure or warrant the security or privacy of your personal information, including payment and account details. You transmit your personal information to us at your own risk.
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of your passwords and/or account information.
The GappGo webApp and Mobile Apps make use of the Google Maps API to assist with location based information.
GappGo reserves the right to send you administrative and account-related messages that you may not opt-out of. To cease all communications to you from GappGo you must close down your GappGo account.
Accessing Personal Information
We will allow you, at any time, to access, edit, update and/ or delete the personal information that We hold about you, unless:
- We are legally permitted or required to deny you access to, and/ or to retain, the information; or
- you make request(s) that are unreasonably repetitive, require GappGo to make a disproportionate technical effort (for example, to develop an entirely new system), risk the privacy of others, or would be highly impractical to comply with.
If you wish to access the personal information We hold about you, or to delete your GappGo account, you should contact us.
We need to prevent information in our systems from being accidentally or maliciously destroyed. This means that, where you delete information from our services, residual copies of that information on our active servers, as well as any corresponding information on our back-up systems, may not be immediately deleted.
GappGo.com ACN 609 441 607. copyright 2018 All rights reserved.